Chicago Loan Company regularly purchases and loans against luxury timepieces from the finest watchmakers in the world. Our experienced loan officers are prepared to evaluate your watch and understand the premium that complicated movements deserve.
When making a loan against or selling such important luxury watches, please remember to bring the original box and papers that accompany the watch if available.
Luxury watch brands we accept for loan or purchase:
- Audemars Piguet
- Breguet & Fils
- A. Lange & Söhne
- Jaeger Le-Coultre
- Patek Philippe
- Vacheron Constantin
Fine Watch Evaluation Process
Please keep in mind that every timepiece evaluation is unique. Below are just a few of the benchmarks we use in determining loan or purchase value:
- Brand and Model – the brand and model of the watch is unquestionably a major determinant of value
- Condition – scratches, dents, restorations, and replaced may impact value
- Rarity – both modern and vintage watches are more valuable when produced in limited quantities, or, in some cases, when a model is discontinued
- Age – for contemporary watches, the value is typically higher when the item is newer. Vintage models are valued based on rarity and condition
- “Provenance” – the original box, a bill of sale, or any papers that are associated with the watch will add value